Terms & Conditions
Fat Peach 2017
For Catering Services to be provided by Fat Peach, (‘Company’ or ‘we’)
These Terms and Conditions apply to the following as may be applicable:
The Company’s supply of catering services to other persons or firms
The contract will be between the Company and the Customer (stated below and hereinafter referred to as ‘Customer’, ‘you’, ‘your’). These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Prices & Services
1. Fat Peach is not VAT registered company. All prices listed are inclusive of VAT.
2. Prices include crockery, cutlery and professional uniformed waiting staff where stated on your catering package.
3. Table cloths and linen napkins may be included in your catering package, however if additional linen is required for cake tables and/or present tables a supplementary charge may apply.
4. If the number of guests attending exceeds the numbers originally booked, and we are able to cater for them, we will charge, at the prevailing rate, for the greater number.
5. Final numbers of guests must be notified to us in writing no later than 14 days prior to the event. After this time if the numbers increase by up to 10 this can normally be accommodated, but this is not guaranteed.
6. Within the 14 day period prior to your event, all guest cancellations will be charged at original price per head.
7. For a function at an external venue travel charges may apply.
8. Gratuities are at your discretion.
9. Unless agreed otherwise in writing the only services that the Company agrees to provide to you are the services specified in your catering package which you have agreed to in writing.
10. Our contract with you for the provision of services will be concluded when your non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is cleared funds in our bank account.
11. Fat Peach or any staff members are not responsible for the safe keeping of clients’ valuables, personal belongings and gifts and we recommend that all personal items are taken home with you at the end of your event.
12. Fat Peach cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to clients’ wedding cakes.
13. Fat Peach cannot be held responsible for any further services that you have booked for your event.
14. All quotations are valid for 2 months.
1. All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. The first deposit must be paid with a signed copy of these Terms and Conditions. These can be scanned back by email or sent to the office address listed stated below.
3. Final payments for all events are due 2 weeks prior.
4. A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of £1000 for wedding receptions is required to be made to us in cleared funds, along with a signed terms and conditions, before your booking is confirmed. The balance of the Price will be due 2 weeks prior to the event.
5. For other events a non-refundable, non-transferable a 25% deposit must be paid in cleared funds before your booking is confirmed, along with a signed terms and conditions, which will be quoted based on the overall Price for the event. The balance of the Price will be due 2 weeks prior to the event.
6. Preferred payment is Via BACS to our bank account.
7. Failure to make final payments before the event will result in Fat Peach having all rights to cancel the event.
The following cancellation charges will be applied, which reflect the costs and expenses we may incur on your behalf as the function date nears, and the reduced time available to us to obtain any alternative bookings:
1. The Deposit paid is non-refundable, non-transferable regardless of the length of time prior to the event you decide to cancel.
2. Cancellation between twelve months and six months prior to the event – you will owe us 50% of the total contract package price
3. Cancellation between six months and three months prior to the event – you will owe us 75% of the total contract package price.
4. Cancellation between three months and the event date – you will owe us 100% of the total contract package price.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Only once written cancellation is received will the cancellation become effective.
1. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the accuracy of quotations, prices quoted only become binding once agreed in your catering package and once the Terms and Conditions come into force. It is the price quoted in your ‘catering package’ which must be paid in full, however, the Company reserves the right to charge more for the food to be provided and / or for labour in the event that the cost of such items increases between the time of conclusion of the contract and the time of the event. In this case the price increase will only be the amount of additional cost directly incurred by the Company and any price change will be notified to you in writing as soon as possible, and in any case, prior to the event.
2. All food which is not consumed within 90 minutes at room temperature should be disposed of. Any person subsequently consuming food, or taking food home for consumption, does so at their own risk. Fat Peach cannot accept responsibility for food consumed otherwise than at the location at which the food is supplied, or after the initial 90 minute period.
3. Food Allergies & Intolerances: Please note that all of our food contains allergenic ingredients. Special diets for food allergies will be catered for only if they have been arranged prior to your event and confirmed in writing. We must be informed 14 days before the event of any special dietary requirements.
Limitation of Liability
1. Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement including deliberate breaches is strictly limited to the contract package price and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
(a) for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
(c) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(d) for any deliberate breaches of these Terms by us that would entitle you to terminate the contract between us.
(e) for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
2. We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us including but not limited to:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits or contracts;
(d) waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
The company does not accept any liability in respect of any food or drink left at the venue at the request of the client following the end of the event.
1. Any equipment lost or damaged by you or any guest will be charged at the full replacement cost.
2. Additional charges may apply for the hiring of site kitchens and specialist equipment and, if so these will be stated in your catering package.
Clearing of Rubbish & Equipment
1. The company reserves the rights to clear all or some of the equipment supplied as part of the package in the next working day after the date of the event or the last day of the event. (whichever is later).
2. If the client is providing drinks, the client is responsible for removing bottles for recycling.
3. The company is not responsible for the removal of any rubbish/waste or bottles from a venue or event
1. The Company reserves the right to charge (including for any applicable increased or overtime rates) more for staffing costs should any function run on longer than initially planned or detailed in the catering package through no fault of the Company.
1. It is strongly recommended that clients arrange adequate Event & Cancellation Insurance to protect against cancellation, costs, damage, public liability.
1. Fat Peach cannot be held responsible in any way for any unsuitable weather conditions that may arise. The normal cancellation fee will be applicable in these situations.
Power & Water Supply
1. For all events adequate electricity and water must be supplied. Fat Peach will not be held liable for any inadequate supply of both services which could disrupt/cause cancellation to your event. All power/water requirements shall be discussed prior to your booking confirmation.
1. Should there be any reason a Client is not entirely satisfied with a service from Fat Peach, the client must make the company aware, in writing within 24 hours of the event.
Please feel free to contact us for further information:
Office: 01494 916 446
Address: 4 Manor farm yard, Little Missenden, Amersham, HP7 0QY
Limitation of Liability and indemnity
The Company shall not be liable for events beyond its control or for indirect or consequential loss or damage, and the Company’s maximum liability (whether in Contract Tort or otherwise) shall not exceed the price paid for the Services and the Customer shall indemnify the Company in respect of any loss or damage to the Company or its property that is caused by the Customer.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Any notice shall be in writing, including by email, to the recipient’s email address as provided herein or otherwise as provided to the other party from time to time.
4 Manor farm yard, Little Missenden, Amersham, HP7 0QY